Birth Well is your personal and individualized preparation plan for birth.
Whether it’s your first baby or your fifth, Birth Well builds your confidence and prepares you for a knowledgeable birth experience. Not only will you feel empowered, you will be equipped with tools for a more comfortable birth and techniques known to reduce tearing by up to 67%.
In three, one-hour sessions our certified pelvic health experts cover:
- Biomechanics (positioning during a labor & delivery) based on your specific pelvic floor musculature
- Education and instruction for your partner or labor support person (including handouts)
- Partnering with your doula to prepare your birth environment and packing list
- Breathing techniques to assist with delivery and decrease pain
- Education about stalled labor and delivery options
- Options for pain management
- Education on stages of labor, delivery techniques and postpartum care
- Afterbirth care, recovery instructions and a return to function plan
- Any questions, concerns or fears you may have
Treatment sessions begin around 35 weeks of pregnancy. Partners, support persons and doulas are welcome to join.