A clogged milk duct can be extremely painful! And, if left untreated, can lead to painful breasts, decreased milk supply, breast abscess and mastitis or infection.
Mendwell can treat clogged milk ducts with heat and manual therapy techniques. Symptoms of a clogged milk duct include:
- Pressure and/or a hard lump appearing in one area of the breast
- Pain or swelling near the lump
- Discomfort during or after feeding/pumping
- Pain during milk release/letdown
- Blister or milk plug at the opening of your nipple
If you are experiencing any of the above, Mendwell can help! Call to schedule an appointment right away.
If you are experiencing intense pain, prolonged clogged duct (over a few days), fever, swollen, red breasts or persistent and reoccurring clogged ducts, seek medical attention from your doctor immediately.